Fayez Mohamood is the Founder and CEO @ Bluecore, the company that is transforming the way eCommerce marketers use data and automation to communicate with customers. They have raised nearly $30m in funding from some of the best in the business and past guests of the show including the teams from FirstMark Capital and Felicis Ventures just to name a few. As a result they have enjoyed some rapid scaling having seen the team grow from 50 to over 100 in just 10 months. As for Fayez, prior to Bluecore he was Head of Product at BigDoor and before that he founded, Gameday Tycoon, a fantasy sports game that runs on Facebook.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How did Fayez make his way from fantasy sports game to successful SaaS founder with Bluecore?
- To what extent does Fayez consider B2B marketing an art or a science with the rise of data? How can SaaS startups use data to drive conversion and upsell? What metrics does Fayez hone in on?
- What 2 methods does Fayez use to harmonise the sales and marketing team? How can these teams be structured to ensure for a clear communication channel and culture of transparency?
- With the team growing from 30 to over 100, what does the hiring process look like for Fayez? How has this altered and developed over time? What have been the big lessons in the rapid scaling of the team?
- How does Fayez view efficiency within organisational structures? What must founders watch out for in the scaling process of their companies?
60 Second SaaStr
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a SaaS firm in the US?
- Fayez’s fave SaaS reading material?
- What does Fayez know now that he wishes he had known when he started?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: