John Barrows is essentially the Godfather of Sales. We often have VPs of Sales from tech titans on the show but who trains those VPs and sales reps to be the best in the world at sales? That is where John Barrows comes in, with clients including Dropbox, Box, Marketo, Twilio and many more, John has amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience allowing him to provide the most proactive sales tips and strategies to optimise the sales process. If you have not checked out his blog, that really is a must and can be found here.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How did John make his way into the world of SaaS and more specifically sales optimisation?
- What are the key points all reps must cover in their first calls with new leads? Why is expectation setting so crucial?
- Why does John believe the best client to rep relationships are those that are equal? How can reps continue to provide value with every interaction?
- In the case of leads going dark, how can sales reps engage with the lead to ensure conversion? What words must be avoided and how should this conversation be structured?
- How can sales reps perfect the balance of being direct and being rude? How important is a summary email? What is the optimal structure and how should sales reps follow up on summary emails?
60 Second SaaStr
- The most common question asked to John by VPs of Sales?
- What are the benefits of Top Down prospecting?
- Do execs need structure?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: