Daniel Saks is the Co-CEO of AppDirect, which he founded in 2009. AppDirect is the leading commerce platform for selling cloud services and at the firm, Daniel plays a key role in the growth and development of AppDirect, from attracting a leading team, to nurturing relationships with customers and partners. AppDirect has backing from some of the leading investors in the world including the likes of Foundry Group and J.P. Morgan. Prior to AppDirect, Daniel worked at Viant Capital, a boutique tech investment bank.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How did Daniel make the move from family business to SaaS founder? How did he get the business off the ground in the early days?
- From working in his family business, what did Daniel observe about the buying patterns of businesses? What makes Daniel believe humans like to buy from humans?
- Is it a problem that many of today’s software vendors lean on direct sales? What are the first steps to create a multi-channel approach? What does it take to support indirect sales channels such as affiliates and resellers?
- What is Daniel’s 4 Step Playbook for optimising the distribution of software? What does it take to move past the early adopter audience into the hands of the wider market?
- Why does Daniel believe that the promise of SaaS is yet to be fully realised? What excites Daniel with the rise of the cloud and the movement away from on-premise?
60 Second SaaStr
- When is the right time to hire your first customer success rep?
- What does Daniel know now that he wishes he had known at the beginning?
- Biggest challenge in the AppDirect journey and how Daniel overcame it?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: