Josh Reeves is the Founder and CEO @ Gusto. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance and it is this reimagination that has led to their recent addition to the unicorn club with investors including Google Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Data Collective and General Catalyst, just to name a few. As for Josh, he was selected for the 2012 Forbes 30 Under 30 list. Prior to co-founding Gusto, he was the CEO and co-founder of Unwrap, a SaaS startup which was acquired in 2010, and he began his career as an early employee at Zazzle. I would also like to give a big hand to Jason Lemkin and Phil Libin for the intro to Josh today.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- HR and Payroll is not sexy so how did Josh make his way into the industry and what was the a-ha moment for Gusto?
- Josh has said before ‘he lives and breathes how a company is built.’ How has Josh looked to grow and develop his own internal organisation at Gusto? How does this vary with stage?
- Josh has hired over 300 people at Gusto, how does he approach the interview process? What is the right way for employers to approach the ‘making offers’ stage?
- How important does Josh feel it is to have an ownership culture and internal entrepreneurialism? How can this environment be fostered and developed?
60 Second SaaStr
- How employers can ensure new employees have an amazing first day?
- What does Josh know now that he wishes he had known when he started?
- The biggest mistake SaaS companies make with their HR and payroll organisation?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: