Jon Herstein is the Senior Vice President of Customer Success at Box where Jon works to ensure that all of Box's Enterprise and Business customers are phenomenally successful. Jon has worked with some of the biggest names in the tech world, including Accenture, Informatica and most recently NetSuite, where he served as VP of Professional Services for North America and EMEA. Before NetSuite, Jon led the turnaround of Informatica's European consulting practice during a multi-year expatriate assignment, which eventually led to a 65% jump in revenue.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Jon made his way into the newly created category of customer success?
- How does Box define customer success and how does that impact their view and approach to the SaaS industry?
- Box has gone through the definition of private hypergrowth and is now in the next phase as a public company - how has that affected the CSM strategy?
- Box now have some very large accounts, how do you distinguish between the role of sales vs CS in large accounts? How do they partner to drive expansion?
- Jon is renowned for prioritizing career paths for his team, how does he accomplish this and balance this with wider operational and strategic goals of box?
60 Second SaaStr:
- What's the most common question Jon hears from CSM leaders?
- What's one innovative idea Jon has tested that might be shared with the audience, vis-a-vis Customer Success?
- What do you know now that you wish you had know when you started?
- The biggest mistake current saas companies are enacting with their CS process?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: